Nokia Lumia 800
Lumia 800 shares its design with the previously released Meego-based Nokia N9. The outward differences are one added physical button dedicated to the camera on the right side of the phone, and a dual LED flash moved directly above the Carl Zeiss camera lens. Despite a similar exterior, the Lumia 800 has a different interior than N9. Lumia 800’s chipset comes from Qualcomm, whereas the N9 is based on a Texas Instruments OMAP chipset and CPU.
Design and Specification
The Nokia Lumia 800 is first Windows Phone device from Nokia. It has a bar form factor with a 3.7inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and weighs 142 grams. There are three touch capacitive buttons at the bottom. A 1.4Ghz Scorpion GPU with 512MB of RAM powers the Lumia 800 and runs on Microsoft’s Windows Phone Mango 7.5 OS. It requires a Micro SIM card.
- Camera and Multimedia
The Lumia 800 has an 8 Megapixel camera powered by Carl Zeiss optics and has Dual-LED flash. Video recording is possible at 720p HD quality at 30 frames per second. There is no secondary camera. Audio formats supported are MP3, WAV, eAAC and WMA and MP4, H.264 and WMV video formats support.
- Connectivity and Features
The Nokia N97 supports quad band networks on both 2G and 3G and supports maximum speeds of up to 14.4Mbps on HSDPA and 5.76Mbps on HSUPA. There is Bluetooth 2.1 and Wi-Fi b/g/n along with a micro USB 2.0 port.
- Battery and Memory
The Nokia Lumia 800 packs a 1450mAh Li-Ion battery which is not removable. It has a standby time of up to 260 hours and talk time of up to 13 hours on a 2G network. The Lumia 800 comes with 16GB of internal memory and does not have a micro SD slot for further expansion
- The Nokia Lumia 800 is the first phone from Nokia running on Windows 7.5 OS
- It has a 8 mega pixel camera. There is no secondary camera on the phone.
- The Samsung Omnia W is the other Windows 7.5 phone to consider
- It has a 3.7 inches AMOLED touchscreen.
- The Nokia Lumia 800 has a 1.4GHz processor and 512MB RAM and 16GB internal memory
- Game play experience is enhanced by its Adreno GPU
- It supports all connectivity options