Nokia Lumia 920 successor ‘Catwalk’ may be launched in the month of May
A report on My Nokia Blog indicates that, Nokia is making arrangements to launch Lumia 920 successor ‘Catwalk’ on May 15, a report on My Nokia Blog indicates.
The report cites a source called ‘South’ but advises to take the information with ‘buckets of salt’, so make what you will of this. This is not the first time that Nokia ‘Catwalk’ is making rounds of the rumor mills. In January, reports of a thinner, lighter Nokia Lumia had first surfaced.
The report said that Nokia is planning to switch over from the polycarbonate plastic casing, as found in the Lumia 920, to an aluminium body, thereby making the phone much thinner and lighter.
The report stated that the device ‘Catwalk’ is the likely successor to Lumia 920 and is expected to have hardware specifications similar to the company’s current flagship device.
At the time, the buzz indicated that this device sporting an aluminium body will not be revealed earlier than the Nokia World event that takes place around September. However, the latest bit of information, of course, indicates otherwise.
Nokia had first showcased its Lumia 920 alongside the Lumia 820 at an event in September last year.The Nokia Lumia 920 comes with 4.5-inch Pure Motion HD+ display, wireless charging support and 2,000 mAh battery. Nokia Lumia 820 on the other hand is a mid-range Windows Phone 8 smartphone. It has a 1.5GHz Qualcomm S4 dual-core processor, 4.3-inch clear black display, 8GB of internal storage and an 8-megapixel rear camera.
- Weight: 185g
- Dimensions: 130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7 mm
- 4.5-inch PureMotion HD+ Clearback Display (768 x 1280 pixels, 332ppi)
- Gorilla Corning Glass 2
- 8.7MP Pureview Camera with 1080p HD Video
- 1.3MP Front-end Camera with 720p HD Video
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz Dual-Core Processor
- Adreno 225 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- Micro SIM
- Qi-Wireless Charging
- Colours: White, Black, Gray, Red, Yellow
- Storage: 32GB built-in, 7GB free SkyDrive
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Microsoft Office
- Gyroscope, Digital compass, 3D Accelerometer
- GSM Quad-band (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- 3G/3.5G (UMTS/HSDPA) quad-bands (850,900/1900/2100MHz)
- 4G LTE penta-bands (800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz) up to 100Mbps
- Wi-Fi Hotspot (up to 5 devices)
- Bluetooth 3.1 with A2DP & EDR
- Voice command/dial
- Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin integration
- GPS Navigation with A-GPS with Nokia Drive, Nokia Transport, Nokia City Lens, and Nokia Maps
- Wi-Fi Positioning
- email/push email/IM
- Music player (MP3, WMA, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB)
- Video player (HD, Mpeg4, WMA, 3GP)
- WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual-band up to 150Mbps)
- Photo/Video editor
- Internet Explorer 10 Browser
- Battery capacity: 2000mAh
- Standby: 400 hours (3G)
- Talktime: 10 hours (3G)